What is the Pepsi® Hockey's Back program?
From July 14, 2020 - October 3, 2020, hockey fans across the country will have an opportunity to join Pepsi and the NHL® and show how excited they are for the return of hockey. For every valid code entered from specially-marked cola products, participants will earn one entry into a grand prize draw for a chance to win a grand prize package including the Stanley Cup® for a day. Each valid code will also score you the chance to instantly win a gift card to NHLShop.ca.
How do I participate in the Pepsi® Hockey's Back program?
Purchase specially-marked Pepsi® products and enter codes on Pepsi.ca/HockeysBack to register or sign in, and enter the product code. Participants will receive one (1) grand prize draw entry for a chance to win a grand prize package including the Stanley Cup® for a day, and every valid code entered could also instantly result in a gift card to NHLShop.ca.
For a free code, provide an original written submission (min 25 words) describing what you love about PepsiCo products, along with your name, province, age, phone number (with area code) and email address and mail it to "PEPSI HOCKEY'S BACK C/O MRI P.O Box 3265 Oak Park, IL 60303-3265". Within two (2) business days of receipt,a representative will send you one (1) randomly-selected unique code by email to the email address you supplied with your request. LIMIT one (1) No Purchase Request per outer stamped envelope. There is no limit to the number of No Purchase Requests that an entrant can submit, as long as each No Purchase Request is mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. All No Purchase Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2020.
Regardless of the method of participating, there is a limit of ten (10) entries/requests for free entries per day.
Who is eligible to participate?
In order to participate in Pepsi® Hockey's Back, you must have reached the age of majority in your province/territory of residence, and a resident of Canada. PepsiCo, NHL®, and NHLPA employees and their agents are not eligible to participate.
How do I sign up? What do I need to do to register?
To register, simply visit Pepsi.ca/HockeysBack and click on the prompt to Sign In or Register. Complete the required fields to create an account and review and accept the Official Rules. Once registered, enter the unique code found under the cap or inside the pack of specially-marked Pepsi® products.
What participating Pepsi® cola products qualify?
The following specially-marked Pepsi® cola products will be eligible for this program:
- 591ml Pepsi® Regular
- 591 mL Diet Pepsi®
- 591mL Pepsi® Zero Sugar
- 12x355mL pack Pepsi® Regular
- 12x355mL pack Diet Pepsi®
- 12x355mL pack Pepsi® Zero Sugar
- 2L Pepsi® Regular
- 2L® Diet Pepsi®
- 2L Pepsi® Zero Sugar
What is included in the grand prize?
Grand Prize winners will receive the the Stanley Cup® to their residence.
The Stanley Cup® will be delivered to the Grand Prize winner's home in Canada by an authorized Stanley Cup® representative on a date between January and April, 2021 during a predetermined time frame. At this event, the Grand Prize winner can host his/her own party for a maximum of ten (10) people. The program sponsor will arrange for all food and beverages to be served at the party for ten (10) people. The party timeframe will equate to approximately three (3) hours, exclusive of set-up time. Date of party may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances at the Contest Sponsor's and NHL® Entities' sole and absolute discretion.
The following items are also included as part of the Grand Prize:
- 50" LED 4K/Smart TV
- Surround sound home theatre system
- Pre-paid redemption code in the amount of two-hundred fifty-five dollars ($255) to cover one (1) year subscription to Rogers NHL® LIVE™ (subject to terms and conditions)
- NHL®-branded merchandise for Grand Prize winner's home to a maximum value of $2,300 (Grand Prize winner will have the ability to select team-specific merchandise, subject to availability)
- Four (4) of each of the following NHL®-branded items: Officially licensed NHL® Jersey, Officially licensed NHL® Hoodie, Officially licensed NHL® Scarf, Officially licensed NHL® Toque, Officially licensed NHL® T-shirt and Officially licensed NHL® Hat (Grand Prize winner will have the ability to select team-specific merchandise, subject to availability)
- Ten (10) Puck Display Cases, consisting of one (1) Officially licensed NHL® puck from each NHL® team (one for the Grand Prize winner and each of his / her guests) or alternate custom gift for Grand Prize winner and each guest as mutually agreed upon by Grand Prize winner and Contest Sponsor (maximum value of $100 per custom gift)
- A year's supply of free product coupons valid for Pepsi® products, consisting of fifty-two (52) Pepsi® soft drink coupons
- Six (6) Pepsi® branded glasses (drinkware)
See the Official Rules for all grand prize details and considerations.
What are the instant prizes?
There are 4,816 instant win prizes that will be distributed randomly throughout the duration of the program. Prizes include:
- 4,120 $35 gift cards to NHLShop.ca
- 640 $55 gift cards to NHLShop.ca
- 56 $100 gift cards to NHLShop.ca
Your gift card can be applied upon checkout and will provide a discount on your total order, inclusive of $15 standard shipping costs.
How will I know if I've won an instant prize?
Each winner will be notified instantly by an on-screen message at the time they enter their valid code.
How will I know if I've received an entry into the grand prize draw?
After entering a valid code, a participant will see a success confirmation including a confirmation that they've received one (1) entry into the grand prize draw. A full history of code entries, including a summary of total grand prize entries, can be found on a participant's My Account page.
What are the bonus entries?
To receive one (1) additional entry into the Grand Prize draw, participants can submit a post on your Instagram Newsfeed, accompanied by the hashtag #HockeysBackContest. The post must appear in the main Instagram Newsfeed, not on Instagram Stories, and your profile must be set to public. The post must be visible at the end of the Contest Period. Maximum one (1) Instagram post entry per person per day.
Do posts on Instagram Stories qualify as bonus entries?
No, posts published on Instagram Stories do not qualify as bonus entries. Posts must be published within a participant's Instagram Newsfeed.
How do I access the augmented reality effect?
To access the Pepsi® Hockey's Back augmented reality (AR) effect, visit Pepsi.ca/HockeysBack on a mobile device and locate the Hoist the Cup™ section on the landing page. Click the prompt to launch Instagram. The augmented reality effect will automatically open within your Instagram Stories camera.
How do I engage with and capture the augmented reality effect?
After clicking to launch the augmented reality (AR) effect from the Pepsi.ca/HockeysBack website, the AR effect will open within your Instagram Stories camera.
Within the selfie-facing camera view, you'll be able to tap through three jersey colors and experiences. Tap the reverse camera icon to view the world-facing camera experience. Within the world facing experience, tap the Stanley Cup® image to rotate the Cup® both horizontally and vertically to create your Hoist the Cup™ moment.
Either hold down the Stories button to record a video, or tap the Stories button to snap a picture. Once your content has been created, tap the downward arrow to save your photo or video to your device and post on your Instagram Newsfeed.
Can I access the augmented reality effect on a desktop device?
No. The augmented reality effect can only be accessed through a mobile device.
Do I need to have Instagram to access the augmented reality effect?
Yes, the augmented reality effect can only be accessed on Instagram. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you can create one for free at Instagram.ca.
How many codes can I enter per day?
There is a limit of ten (10) code entries per day per participant.
Where will you send my instant win prize/gift card? When will I receive it?
All NHLShop.ca gift cards will be emailed directly to the email address provided upon registration within five (5) business days of notification.
How do I redeem my NHLShop.ca gift card?
Winners of NHLShop.ca gift cards will receive their gift card code via a confirmation email sent to the email address provided at registration. Winners can redeem the code through the following steps:
- Visit NHLshop.ca
- Shop online and select the item(s) you wish to purchase
- When you're ready to checkout, click "Shopping Cart"
- Proceed through the checkout process
- Click the field labeled "Gift Card/eGift Card" on the payment page at the final step of checkout
- Enter your Gift Card number, select "Apply", then enter your unique PIN (codes are case sensitive)
- Note: Some Gift Cards may not include a PIN and will not be required to enter one at checkout
- Click "Apply" and then you will see your Gift Card amount deducted from your merchandise total
*Gift cards do not expire or lose value. Gift cards are non transferable, non-refundable, and non-redeemable for cash.
If I register for the Pepsi® Hockey's Back program, how will my information be used?
How do I reset my password?
If you forget or need to reset your password, click here and follow the password reset instructions. An email with a link to reset your account password will be sent to the email address on file associated with your account.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions not addressed here?
If you have additional questions not addressed above, contact Customer Support at 888-553-1157.